gpu recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
how on earth can the 8800 out preform the 3870?

the 3870 has a core clock 100mhz faster
does 2x as many stream processes
has a memory clock 500mhz faster
and they both have the same amount and clock speed RAMDAC

how on earth can the 8800 out preform the 3870?

the 3870 has a core clock 100mhz faster
does 2x as many stream processes
has a memory clock 500mhz faster
and they both have the same amount and clock speed RAMDAC

Alot more comes into play than specifications of the cards.

Driver support, Game support for multi GPU cards, the X2 has 1GB of memory but you have to remember its split between two GPU's, clock speeds are irrelevant when the architecture of the two cards are completely different.

Not to mention that benchmarks do not always tell the true tale of how any one card will perform in games.

Alot more comes into play than specifications of the cards.

Driver support, Game support for multi GPU cards, the X2 has 1GB of memory but you have to remember its split between two GPU's, clock speeds are irrelevant when the architecture of the two cards are completely different.

Not to mention that benchmarks do not always tell the true tale of how any one card will perform in games.

yea i guess that is true.... since ati screwed up their last few gpu lines most games have been optmized for nvidia cards... however i think the 3870 would wipe the floor with an 8800 series if games become optimized for ati cards

well ive been lookin at a lot of 9600gt benchmarks and found that it performs on par with the 3870...

both the 9600gt and the 3870 come up to the same price....
im more on the 9600gt now mainly cos its nvidia.

if you are gonna not game on the second card.. get something for like 40-50 bucks(or maybe something even cheaper on ebay..), and get a gts 512

if you are gonna not game on the second card.. get something for like 40-50 bucks(or maybe something even cheaper on ebay..), and get a gts 512

well the 8400gs does cost around 35-50...and the gts 512 is pushing it and not needed.

(this isnt for me btw)

i already have my gaming rig and im satisfied with it.

well the 8400gs does cost around 35-50...and the gts 512 is pushing it and not needed.

(this isnt for me btw)

i already have my gaming rig and im satisfied with it.

yeah.. i just went and looked that up, and went back to edit my post, and found this. ehhh. my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom