Need Help to build new PC for $1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well in the end i just went with the RAIDMAX Astro ATX, i was thinking to myself why waste more money on a case when i can just save up and upgrade a computer component that will actaully help rather than just looks..so now im just waiting for the stuff to be delivered, i wonder how long it will take for all of the parts to come..i ordered all of em on 2/21

Waste money on a case? Cases generally are some of the longer lasting pieces of equipment you buy, #1, they are a solid investment. There is more to a case than looks.

#2, Raidmax Astro is a POS as far as cases go, IMO. Bad airflow design, uses 80mm fans. I hope it suits you, but I know I would never be satisfied with something like that, since the only thing it has going for it is it's cheap.

Well either way its too late now i guess, i don't think i can return it anymore so "why cry over spilled milk", plus i did wait like 3 days for people to respond to my posts and it seems everyone was busy so i did what i thought was best suited for me. I did read all of the customer reviews on the cases that i wanted and this one seems OK for its price.

Waste money on a case? Cases generally are some of the longer lasting pieces of equipment you buy, #1, they are a solid investment. There is more to a case than looks.

#2, Raidmax Astro is a POS as far as cases go, IMO. Bad airflow design, uses 80mm fans. I hope it suits you, but I know I would never be satisfied with something like that, since the only thing it has going for it is it's cheap.
case airflow isn't THAT big a deal
but i agree a case is a good investment

Hey guys i completely forgot about the OS. I only have a Recovery disk with my previous DEll computer and i dont think that this would install windows XP on the new system...so anyone got any ideas what i should do?? should i just buy a new windows XP OS?

if you have a CD-Key for Windows XP its completely legal for you to torrent a copy of the disk, because the way you obtain your CD-Key determines the legality of the OS

I do have the windows product key, so i guess all i gota do now is download and then burn a copy of the disk from somewere?? But i had another idea, cant i just intall a new HD in my current computer and run the windows reinstallation disk on it and then put that HD in the new computer?

Hmm ok i wont do that then, But another question is that i recived all the parts today and while putting together the PC i saw that the video card Newegg.com - XFX PVT88PYDF4 GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail had DVI ports and the LCD LG monitor that i got Newegg.com - LG L1933TR-SF Silver 19" 2ms(GTG) DVI LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 3000:1 - Retail would that cause me any problems??? the video card is DVI - I and the LCD is DVI-D, also will i need some special converter or something?? and how much will that cost me???

no, DVI-D and DVI are backwards compatible (look at the ports on the video card and the Wire if you don't believe me)

looking at the monitor though, they give you a VGA cable, so you'll need to use that DVI to VGA converter to use it on the video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom