windows xp installation problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

_SiLv3R_

In Runtime
i have to replace a current hard drive in someones computer with another SATA hard drive... before you ask yes ive already read the steps on installin SATA hard drives.. i knew all that before and i was doin it properly but thought i was doin something wrong and checked it out but im not doing anything wrong... ok so heres the problem.. since there is only one drive im not bothering with raid and cluster sizes so i just skip straight to the installation... since win XP installation only recognizes floppy drives and the motherboard disk came with a cd i coppied the folder that contained the silicon 3112 drivers and loaded win xp pro installation with the cd... i got as far as installing the extra adapter using the f6 key in the begning and i sellected the proper silicon 3112 SATARaid driver and it should (after loading alll the generic drivers) give me a screen where i can decide the hard drive to install on... but it doesn't give me that option and goes sraight to the install/repair windows XP... when i chose install it tells me it could not detect the hard drive.. im really ocnfused here :confused: and if anyone could help me out it'd be great... sorry if the message is confusing at points but im kinda confused as well :confused:

i think that shud solve it... this is my aunts computer and i didnt bother checkin the motherboard type just went straight and installed the 3112 controller and yes its onboard so ill try that thanks a lot

i know for my board i couldn't use the drivers that were on the cd(epox ep-8rda3+) i went to the epox websiteand downloaded the real drivers onto a floppy, worked perfect. and i do have the same onboard chip you have, silicon image 3112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom