Tech Forum CPU Benchmark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since Tech Forums CPU Bench doesn't work under Linux (tried using WINE, gives an error), I've created LOLBENCH, the revolutionary new benchmarking utility for any type of *nix using BASH. It utilizes an advanced algorithm which stresses all of the cores of your single-core processor by counting all the way to one million!

Enjoy:
Code:
clear; echo -e "LOLBENCH v0.1 \n \nRunning... \n"; x="1"; time while [ $x -lt "1000000" ]; do x=$[x+1]; done
Sorry for that huge 106 byte download.

Okay good news. Ive been working on it a tiny bit and have gotten all the tests to work and the new results template etc. So its still less time is better but the scale has changed. A 2.8ghz P4 now gets about 65 marks. Here is the new result scheme:

///// TechForums CPU Bench v0.3
String Find and Delete: 7.95
Zip Dump: 12.80
Prime Numbers: 8.43
Encrypt/Decrypt String: 9.09
Image to Text: 14.58
Total Execute Time (Less is better): 67.41
Additional: x86 / 1 / Windows XP

All that is left to do is add a start bench button and an easier way of telling the test is complete.

Thanx guys.

NEW VERSION UP. I dont think i maxed out the cores which is one of the issues but its certainly alot better.

So now here is the new basis: Average 2.8ghz Pentium4 averages around a 50. (Did two tests, got 50 and 51.) So yeah. Ill make a big bold statement below this post so you know where the new results kick in:

(O and for some reason i cant edit my first post....??)
NEW LINK:
Filebeam Host: Tech Forums CPU Bench - Revision 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom