Upgrade Win2K server

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
Can I do a direct upgrade from Win2K Server to 2003 server? It won't boot because of pci.sys missing or corrupt. I don't have a 2K server disk to repair but I do have a 2003 server disk. Will this work and will the apps on the server still work? We have no voicemail until this is fixed. Personally I can do without it but...

Why not jsut get a copy of Win2K. I am not totally sure if you can upgrade from 2000 to 2003. But i dont see why not.

Corporate won't spend the money for it. I have 2003 server on CD. Just wanna be sure it will work before I pop it in and try. It's not on the network, no RAID, no domain or domain controller. I have no idea why this box has a server OS on it anyway. All it does is handle our voicemail.

Eric is right. You will have to boot to Win2K to even start the upgrade process. So your best bet would be to get a copy of the Win2K disc from torrents or something.

Downloading now. I guess since I will be using the recovery console I won't need a key. I hate when vendors bring in their own stuff and then I have to take care of the thing. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info.

UPDATE: Downloaded 2K server and ran a repair. Boots now. Only thing weird was it couldn't load .cer files?? Had to skip these. So far so good however. And I ain't touching this box again.

Well glad it is working. The .cer files are for Online Certificates. It is a Internet Security Certificate. So since it was a disc you got from online this would be because you most likely didnt have those .cer files get loaded when Win2K Server was originally installed. You should not see any issues at all now. ;)

Info on .cer files:

File Extension .CER Details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom