Analyze my build please

Status
Not open for further replies.
i must have made a typo because that exactly what i said lmao.or what i ment to say. i don't know about the E4600 though, i would go with theE6550 or e6600.

Thanks to everyone who replied !! Maroon, like your suggestions. I didn't realize the Mobo I selected didn't have onboard video, so I'll go with the MSI. I was only looking at ASUS, ABIT and Intel Mobo because of brand recognition. If MSI is a good Mobo, then I'll go with it. I was thinking the same thing about 667 vs. 800 MHz memory being negligible. I agree about the difference between the E4600 and E6550 being too small to justify an extra $20. That allows me to get a bigger HD and still come in at a lower price than my original build. Thank You very much !!!

All from Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

I bought this MoBo for a build recently for my son. MSI K9AG Neo2-Digital AM2 AMD 690G HDMI ATX AMD Has built in Video..not the best...but it's a starting place for him
MoBo: Newegg.com - MSI K9AG Neo2-Digital AM2 AMD 690G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

used 2 Gb RAMM
CPU: Athlon x2 64 4600+ 2.4GHz Socket AM2

Case: COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Centurion 534 RC-534-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum & Mesh bezel / SECC Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

PSU: 430W CoolerMaster extreme power

Everything else I already had around...

I found this Mobo very easy set up and install and to OC from BIOS plus it came with software to OC itself manually asthe system needed it...I haven't messed with that yet much. The Case is large enough for plenty of expansion...also came with 2 120mm fans but I added a third to the front

He's online everyday playing COD 4 etc

-Martin :)

Added: It's Vista Compatible, but I put a fresh XP Home install on it for him... also the 2 GB of RAMM were a 2 x 1GB pack for less than $50.00 (Kingston)

if you got for a e4600 just do a e2200 and overclock it to ****. If you don't want to over clock get the e8400 unless that is a little to spendy.

why get an e8400 if your not gona oc it, its a beast, if you don't oc it you should get something cheaper instead of one of the best dual core cpu's.

yeah but for the price who cares, if you can get one of the best core2's for like 220 who should complain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom