1 hour to help me decide :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
I have a bundle of extra money that I feel like spending today, and i've been deciding between buying another car (cheap one just to fix up and beat on daily) or a new 22"/24" monitor. Since I can't find any cars within the distance I feel like driving to today, I think i'm going to go with a monitor. I dont feel like waiting for one to ship so I need it to be somewhere I can readily go and get it. I also don't really want to spend over $300 on a monitor, I just can't justify it no matter how much money I have to spend. Best deal i've found so far is this:

Buy the Envision G22LWK 22" Widescreen Monitor and other Monitors at circuitcity.com

What do you think of that one? Its in-store available for me. And most importantly, anyone know of any other good deals?

Alright i'm going to buy the one I listed, see ya! :D

edit: I did a last second search, found this: Staples.com®. that was easy®.

$199 shipped in 1 day for 22" Acer...seems like a great deal for someone else. As for me, i'll pay the $70 premium to have mine today rather than tomorrow...man i'm a bad impulse buyer :D

Holy crap have I been missing out!

I ended up spending a little more and getting an Acer with 2500:1 contrast ratio. From what I can tell it's the same one as this: Newegg.com - Acer P223Wwd Glossy White 22" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - Retail
Except mine is glossy black (P221WBD)...goes perfect with the rest of my setup and I only paid $291 after tax...so not too bad for instant gratification. Now all I need is matching speakers and mouse and i'll have a color matching setup. :D

Looking at this thing is like I just went outside after 2 years in a room with a 100 watt bulb, holy crap! Time for some games!

Looking at this thing is like I just went outside after 2 years in a room with a 100 watt bulb, holy crap! Time for some games!

I just got my 24". **** I am in a hurry to get home. I hear from reviewers that the Acers brightness are pretty much on max. Might want to turn it down a bit, if it bothers you. Hope mine is gonna look good. Can't wait!

Nope it was only on 65% brightness, it's not bright in a way that hurts my eyes, but more like everything is clearer, colors look better, etc.

Just got done trying out Crysis with the dx9 very high settings, looks twice as good and I didn't think that was possible. Dropped my fps about 5, but surprisingly still playable. SLi is in my future, I know thats for sure, just gotta wait for the 9-series.

Nope it was only on 65% brightness, it's not bright in a way that hurts my eyes, but more like everything is clearer, colors look better, etc.

Just got done trying out Crysis with the dx9 very high settings, looks twice as good and I didn't think that was possible. Dropped my fps about 5, but surprisingly still playable. SLi is in my future, I know thats for sure, just gotta wait for the 9-series.

Now you have me wondering If the 24" is gonna hinder me from running decent settings. I will be installing my q6600 and my new 8800gts 512 (G92). Any opinions on this?

I have the GT, and according to the reviews i've seen the GTS 512 really outruns the GT 512 at higher resolutions. But if you want to run max resolution (1900x1200), it's hard to say. With any game other than Crysis, yea no problem, but i'm guessing Crysis should be playable on very high.

I just ran the Crysis benchmark and got 28 fps average at 1680x1050, as opposed to 35 fps average at 1280x1024.

Thanks for the reply. I am even more eager to make it home swiftly. I am gonna have to run my 24" on my cousins build I just did. Run the Crysis bench test and see what happens. He has the same PC as me. But I already installed the Q6600 in his along with the (G92) card. I still have to swap out those parts with what is in my sig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom