New PC Mouse doesn't work, conflicrs with USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioanni

In Runtime
Strange problem here. My old IBM mouse for my old computer system, that my sister just uses to fool around with, does not really work great. It like lags when you move the mouse, so the cursor doesn't really move around alot.

Now I have my USB ports and my couse port on the same interface card.

There are two problems now that I was hoping someone could help me resolve.

Problem 1) New mouse does not work, at all. Have tried 3. Two of them being PS/2 mouse and I USB. USB mouse does not get any power. PS/2 mice, one does nothing at all and the other one you can only right click. If I connect the old mouse it works its crappy way.

Problem 2) Mostly when the new mice are connected, the USB modem conflicts for some reason and its stops working. When you remove the mouse the modem works. USB printer does work with the mouse plugged in.

Now I've checked the BIOS and the mouse is enabled. OS is Windows XP. I reformated 3 times last night, trying XP PRO. Win 2K and then XP again. Still nothing.

So I'm way out of idea's on what to do. Any input would be appreciated.

What are the system specs & OS on this computer your working on?
the SIG looks like a newer computer so i dont think the is the one your working on RIGHT? The one your talking about almost sounds like windows98.

No not the one in my sig. Windows XP Pro, K6-3D (Chomper Extended (CXT), 250 nm) at 550Mhz. With 512 RAM.

Yeah why? If your going to suggest trying it, I've already done it. And it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom