I Did It!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see the point of doing all that to ur card in the first place to be honest - if it aint broke, dont fix it! but then again, i dont have the expertise to do that either...

The reason someone would do that to a video card is simple. They want the temperatures to become lower, thats the only reason. If the temperatures are lower with a third party gpu cooler, that means you can overclock more, which in-turn gives you more graphic processing power.

The reason someone would do that to a video card is simple. They want the temperatures to become lower, thats the only reason. If the temperatures are lower with a third party gpu cooler, that means you can overclock more, which in-turn gives you more graphic processing power.

Yeah, thats fair enough i suppose....

what tools did you use?

i want to vmod my Ultra.

soldering iron, wires, solder, flux, double-sided tape, a multimeter and a real good stationary magnifying glass. You can get a cheapy soldering kit with all those items for $30 the last thing you need is usually a resistor, and it varies from card to card, the G92s need a 1K VR attached to one certain spot, the lower you set the VR to, the more voltage you get to the gpu, there's a separate mod for voltage to memory, but the Qimonda memory on the G92s really sucks hard balls and doesn't overclock well with more voltage, so it's kinda useless

I haven't done the volt mod yet because I'm being lazy and putting it off, I'm just doing a little more research just to know what to expect, there are things called OCP and OVP mods that are kinda like fail-safes for the vmods, so it gets a little complicated there, having to replace existing resistors on the board, I'm not sure if it's necessary though, I'm looking into it.

there might be a pencil mod for vgpu on an Ultra, I'm not sure, but pencil mods are not permanent, there are some solderless mods out there too, but they're messy and unprofessional-looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom