First build is Extreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm checking those out right now, thank invisable. It isnt so much that I am skimping more that I dont see a PSU being a $500 item.

What is the purpose of more than one 12v rail?

Of course not, I didnt state that properly let me restate it. More that I didnt and dont for the most part understand the differance between the $300 units and the $500 units. Unless I can understand the differances I cant justify buying the expensive one on the premise of expensive is better.

Ex. I was looking at a 8800GTX and that was the card I was going to use. So I started really looking at Graphics cards and what they do. Well come to find out the 8800GT actually serves my purpose better because it Decodes HD movies on its own. So it takes the added load off of the processor. It is cheaper than the 8800GTX. This is only one Ex. of more expensive not being better in a givin application.

So I guess what I really need is some explanation on what the differances are in say a 1 12v rail and a 4 12v rail, and so on and so forth. I just do not know, but would like to. Could someone please shed a little light on this for me so I can actually understand why it is better.

1 rail is always better... the more rails you have the more power that gets trapped on unused rails

What does the rail do? Is it internal, does it have anything to do with how many plugs there is, how much the plugs can handle? Can you utalize the plugs on a PSU so that it uses individual rails?

im fairly sure that ncix us ships to apo's

Thank you I will check them out.

I have had to rethink my cooling system, I cant get all of the parts shipped over to me. So I am waiting for Swiftech to email me back and let me know if they will ship to an APO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom