Did i actually OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_tai

Baseband Member
last weekend i starting messing around with fsb and cpu frequencies volts and other things to get familiar with my bios, and these last 2 days i've been trying to OC mainly my processor. Im still not sure about all the features my bios gives me but i think i got my processor to 2.8 stable. I ran OCCT stress program (i don't know if its a good stress test but orthos was giving me problems) for 30mins, and max temps were 59 on core1 and 62 on core2. idles are around 23 if that even relevant...anyways, i think my cpu and ram frequencies are linked so i read up on some guides and i know you have to underclock ram to get your cpu to overclock more. i havent figured out to isolate my ram from cpu frequencies so i'm asking what settings do you change to underclock ram when cpu and ram are linked.

btw, i have orthos beta and i wonder if that my problem. anyone got a the full version?

There should be an option that says "Memory multiplier (SPD)" or something similar. Set that to 2, and that will give you a 1:1 ratio.

What's your setup like? Mobo? CPU? RAM?

its in his sig

im not sure how the set up for the maximus is but on my ECS you can turn the CPU FSB up and leave the ram where its at if you put it on expert and not linked.

probably but the x38 leaves room for upgrading. quite a bit infact. although it isnt easy to OC you can get monster Clocks out of it. and is great for X-fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom