My New Alienware ALX Rig...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good thing is he doesn't have to upgrade much. I would not want to buy ddr ram

yeah i am maxed with ram...4 gbs...i have vista business 32 bit on here...i dont want to upgrade to 64 bit yet, since a lot of stuff isnt compatible yet...

i think im gonna roll with a 8800gts and antec 1000w for right now...

still ignoring what I said about the Corsair 520hx and wattage not mattering much and 12v Amperage mattering

EDIT: nvm

well those are BS, its calculating on other rails to be small, the Corsair 520hx is all you need take it from me

still ignoring what I said about the Corsair 520hx and wattage not mattering much and 12v Amperage mattering

EDIT: nvm

well those are BS, its calculating on other rails to be small, the Corsair 520hx is all you need take it from me

i believe you, but how about looking toward the future. should i not go with the 620hx?

no the 620hx is getting hte extra 100watts from another rail which you shouldn't care about unless you plan on getting a lot of hard drives and a lot of Peripheral Devices and stuff to put in your PCI slots

plus things are going DOWN in power consumption, take my Pentium 4 to a Core 2 Quad qx9770, this is the biggest power sucker of the series... and my Pentium 4 is single-core and consumes more power and high on temps

no the 620hx is getting hte extra 100watts from another rail which you shouldn't care about unless you plan on getting a lot of hard drives and a lot of Peripheral Devices and stuff to put in your PCI slots

plus things are going DOWN in power consumption, take my Pentium 4 to a Core 2 Quad qx9770, this is the biggest power sucker of the series... and my Pentium 4 is single-core and consumes more power and high on temps

ok...so then I wont have a problem putting that 520hx in this...its gonna power everything under my NEW RIG sig and still have plenty left over?

ya, you could still get a q6600 two hd3870x2's and still have some surplus power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom