OC keyboard issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
No i never messed with any Ram settings. I may mess around with timings later on but they are doing well for now. Since i found a stable vcore for my 6600 i wanted to see if i could go further and a few hours later im still stable at 3.8. My temps are a bit higher than id like but im just happy im getting the hang of tuning the OC so it stay s stable. Everyone on these forums are so helpful.

No i never messed with any Ram settings. I may mess around with timings later on but they are doing well for now. Since i found a stable vcore for my 6600 i wanted to see if i could go further and a few hours later im still stable at 3.8. My temps are a bit higher than id like but im just happy im getting the hang of tuning the OC so it stay s stable. Everyone on these forums are so helpful.

That's fine, but what you fail to realize, is that when you increase the FSB, you're increasing the speed of your RAM. Unless your motherboard does not have the FSB and RAM speed linked, but more than likely it does. So I ask again, what is the RAM running at. CPU-Z will tell you, Everest will, and so will the BIOS.

its at a 1:1 ratio, with its timings at 5-6-6-18. is that what your asking? also says the voltage for the ram is 1.8v

So since the timings are higher due to the OC if i lower them in my northbridge settings will that help smooth things out?

its at a 1:1 ratio, with its timings at 5-6-6-18. is that what your asking? also says the voltage for the ram is 1.8v

So since the timings are higher due to the OC if i lower them in my northbridge settings will that help smooth things out?

So then you did change the RAM settings? If it's 1:1. You gotta stop lying to me.:p

You might want to increase the RAM voltage a notch or two as well. That'll help with stability. See what your RAM is specified for. It'll say on the box, or on newegg.

actually i have never changed any options in my north or south bridge setting in my bios. So they must be defaulted to a 1:1. I did tweak the vol a bit last night, but im wondering if if should bother with the timings?

actually i have never changed any options in my north or south bridge setting in my bios. So they must be defaulted to a 1:1. I did tweak the vol a bit last night, but im wondering if if should bother with the timings?

You must have changed the memory multiplier (SPD). I don't think any board defaults 1:1. It's usually 2:3 I think. Otherwise your RAM would be running underclocked stock.

5-6-6-18 is pretty bad. You should be able to tighten them down to at least 5-5-5-15. Probably 4-4-4-12 if your RAM is underclocked, or not very high above stock speed. I have mine at 5-5-5-15. I used to run them at 3-4-3-12 @ 714MHz, but right now I'm running my RAM at 950MHz, hence my timings.

so to change my ram setting all i have to configure is my timings and the speed i want them to run at, which i assume 800 would be fine?

so to change my ram setting all i have to configure is my timings and the speed i want them to run at, which i assume 800 would be fine?

Yeah, 800 is fine. Although I doubt that you'll be able to get it exactly at 800. Anything around 800 will be fine though. The lower the better for timings.

ok so lets see if im getting it, lowering my timings will help improve performance and not require me to adjust my voltage to my ram?

ok so lets see if im getting it, lowering my timings will help improve performance and not require me to adjust my voltage to my ram?

Lower timings will help performance. I'm not going to bother to explain it because even I don't fully understand it.:p You could Google it if you wanted to find out the specifics of how RAM timings work.

Depending on how much your going to lower them, you may need to adjust the voltage. If you going to try about stock speed (800Mhz) with the stock timings, you won't need to change the voltage going to the sticks. If you want to go tighter, then yes, more voltage may be required.

Honestly, if I were you, I would set my RAM voltage at 1.9v anyway, at least. Maybe 2.0v. Again, you should check and see what voltage your RAM is rated for, and set it somewhere in that range. Often people find that 1.8v (stock) to the RAM is not enough, and sometimes causes problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom