While Tryign to Install....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludacraze

Beta member
Im not sure if this has to do with my game or the computer, but i burned a file from my friend for a game that is free to download its jsut taht i have a slow conenction and its a big fiel and i didnt want to take the time to do it :p. But when i try to install it from my disc is says: could not initalize installation. Could not extract wise0132.dll to 'C:\\*****\localsettings\temp\GLCD.tmp', CRC does not match. Data error (cyclic redundancy check). Any ideas on how i can solve this problem? it also does a warning saying Data error. (cyclic redundancy check). when i try to copy the file. Please help me out.

Your file is corrupted. The CRC is a protocol for error checking. It creates a numeric based on the data packet, and then compares it with the destinations calculation. If they match, then the transmission of data was accurate. If not, then it failed, and the protocol tells the computer(s) to retry. Either way, the file is messed up.

Second, wise0132 is the Wise Installer program. It is likely that this is the corrupted part of the file.

Go back, Jack. You gotta redo to take care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom