2 OS's to choose from

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
I formatted my hdd then reinstalled xp home on my computer. When it starts up after the bios I get a screen that tells me to pick which OS to start, they are both windows xp home. I think the second one is from my old OS, but it should of been erased when I formatted the hdd. How can I get rid of that or make it so it boots the first one so I dont have to pick everytime I start up.

you must of chosen "quick" reformat and not fully erased the previous drive or you erased a partition of the drive not the full hdd itself either way try reinstalling windows after checking the "drive management" administrator tool in the control panel

I have Vista and XP dual booted and it comes up with the screen to choose, but if I don't choose anything it defaults to Vista. How would I make it default to XP. I went to the Start > Run > msconfig > Boot.ini tab, but it only seems to have an XP entry. Can I have some help with this please?

EDIT: Ok it said at the top of the BOOT.INI entry that Vista uses a different file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom