Need future build suggestions ($2000 budget)

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks b1...im currently trying to find out if hes gonna be gaming or not.
im also wondering if he will need a 512mb card or not since his screens are 22".
About the ram, i thought ballistix would be the best...and he said this.

"Regarding Crucial RAM... this defo compatible with the P5E. I'm a bit sceptical about using stuff from the QVL list only, but figure better safe than sorry, rather than having to RMA stuff back and waste time/effort/money. "
what QVL?!?!?1

thanks b1...im currently trying to find out if hes gonna be gaming or not.
im also wondering if he will need a 512mb card or not since his screens are 22".
About the ram, i thought ballistix would be the best...and he said this.

"Regarding Crucial RAM... this defo compatible with the P5E. I'm a bit sceptical about using stuff from the QVL list only, but figure better safe than sorry, rather than having to RMA stuff back and waste time/effort/money. "
what QVL?!?!?1

If he's not gaming, those two HD3470s at 256MB each, should be sufficient for 22" screens. I've used 256MB gfx cards on my 22", and works perfectly fine.

I'm sure those G. Skills should be compatible. If he's still not happy with that, then of course Crucial is a good choice. Updated list.

alright thanks b1.
i was thinking the acfp 7 would be sufficient.
idk if he will be overclocking, although i will have him atleast goto 3ghz on stock, so he wont have to worry about volt, etc etc.

thanks b1, ill show him these and let you know what he thinkgs.
thanks for your time again!

If he's not overclocking, the stock will do fine. Should handle 3GHz too, because you wouldn't have to change the voltage most likely. So the temperature wouldn't go up.

Actually, I have a ACFP7 that was used only once, because I had an emergency. $25 shipped. Would he be interested?

If he's not overclocking, the stock will do fine. Should handle 3GHz too, because you wouldn't have to change the voltage most likely. So the temperature wouldn't go up.

Actually, I have a ACFP7 that was used only once, because I had an emergency. $25 shipped. Would he be interested?

well i think he wants to get everything new so im sorry.
I might just have him get the acfp instead then since it will be good enough.

and he said he might end up gaming since he will have such a good rig...
so i was thinking maybe 3850 should do???

EDIT:

and also...will the corsair 520 be enough with all that hes getting? or should i have him get the 620hx instead to be on the safe side?

Depends on the games, and if he wants to play future games. I would suggest what I said before, in that list. The 8800GT w/ HD3450 combo.

Depends on the games, and if he wants to play future games. I would suggest what I said before, in that list. The 8800GT w/ HD3450 combo.

would crossfire 3850 perform better than a gt?if yes... wouldnt it be cheaper that way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom