Some 9800GTX Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
crap... forgot about those... /sadface

I want to see some benchies though, also will the 4k series still be 55nm, or will they move on to being two steps ahead of nVidia and go on to smaller nanometer process'

well as i've stated a few times, Nvidia released a calender about a month ago, showing its new lineup to replace the 8 series. The 9800GX2 was to replace the ultra as the flagship enthusiast card, the 9800GTX to replace the current GTS/GTX, and the 9600gt to replace the current 8800GT as the low end card. I dont know why everyone keeps thinking the GTX will be the flagship. Unless Nvidia pulls a 180 and changes their mind on this i think this years lineup wont be as promising as last years in terms of hardware jumps from the previous generation

Your incorrect in saying the 9600gt is supposed to replace the 8800gt. Also the 8800gt is not a low end card by anyones standards.

It fits in a position more similar to the 3870/3850 relationship.

The 9600gt is meant to replace the 8600gts

Yeah the 8800gts is basically a beefed up 8800gt with dual slot cooler, so the 8800gt is by no means low end. I consider it entry level high end.

I wonder if the nvidia 9 series vs the ati 4 series will be closer than the 8 vs 2 and 3 series was for most of the generations time span.

Somehow I think ATI will make a bigger jump and take the lead

unless, if the 9800GX2 has the same SLI efficiency that the 9600GT does, then we'll be in for quite a ride I think, especially with quad-sli

Somehow I think ATI will make a bigger jump and take the lead

unless, if the 9800GX2 has the same SLI efficiency that the 9600GT does, then we'll be in for quite a ride I think, especially with quad-sli

hopefully they can do it with processors, I've had enough of INtel winning

well I've just bought an 8800GTS 512mb for 165 quid...a pretty good deal here in the UK...should tide me over for quite awhile :D

who cares about 9-series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom