Problems on GA-P35-DS3R

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zune Guy

In Runtime
I have three (more) problems currently occuring while trying to oc my pc. Firstly my motherboard is emmiting a long beep that actually mostly (mostly) masks the default beep, before stopping after POST. In my BIOS, the Voltage is displaying "Voltage not optimised". I have been told to ignore this as I had to raise my voltages for stability. However I can't help but feel they're related. Finally, PCMark05's HDD tests of any form have suddenly stopped working, which means I can't get a system score, it says something about "Init failure":confused: , can anyone throwsome light on these problems, as the beep is annoying as heck! :(

The voltage not optimised thing just means that the system is not determining the necessary voltages. You are defining what the voltages to specific things are. That's not a problem at all. Mine says that too.

The motherboard manual says that 1 long beep signifies a RAM error. What kind of RAM do you have? Is it overclocked at all? If so, to what? What are the timings?

What I would do, is reset the CMOS. Then make sure the RAM is OK by running a bootable memtest on them overnight.

I have managed to shorten the beep to a slight 1 second beep but there's still a problem. I have set voltage to auto and everything is stable but the beep persists. I'm using Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 RAM, at 4-5-5-18 timings (default 4-4-4-12), running a not too high 914MHz (457 x 2.0) (Default 800MHz). Its good enough RAM so should be stable up to 1100+MHz I'm told. Voltage is +.3v under auto (now, but only recently was manual). :confused:
Don't have a clue, maybe need higher spec'd RAM for my otherwise stable (30 Idle, 58 Load) 3.2GHz Core 2 Duo e6320 :) (and thats with stock cooling, not bad, but I have other fans so it's a bit loud)

Metal owns, what FSB do you have. Your RAM is at 714MHz and yet I can't manage that if I have a high FSB, or is your multi much higher?

My RAM is running at 950 currently, not 714. My FSB is 357, with a 8:6 ratio (I think).

Your RAM is good. Did you try to reset the CMOS yet? Or remove the battery? It might be best to see if a reset will fix it. If you do that, you'll have to change the OCing settings back again, because it will erase them.

Did that other problem get fixed? PCMark05? And did you run memtest yet?

Changed my CPU settings to 2.8GHz, even so, now and again I hear the beep, and after switching the case of at the wall it reboots at start after 2 secs before continuing normal. I have passed this of as the BIOS loading settings. Will try resetting everything, but have cleared BIOS before (no beep) and loaded my baseline configuration (beep reappears), however the baseline is mere voltage increases (+0.1v) and switching of the speed stepping and anything that may slow down boot, as per a guide on the Hexus site I think (will post address if I can find it)
PCMark problem remains as of yet unsolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom