LED1 on motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I still suspect the power supply more than anything else, regardless of what the tech guy told me. It's because for one I already expected it would be the least reliable component on my system. I just didn't have the money to buy a decent one yet.
I think it being the power supply would explain why I didn't have a problem until I finally tried hooking up all the drives, the DVD drive esp, because that one never even powered up or the keyboard and monitor, but the floppy was on, the cpu fan was going, case fan, front panel lights. Then I moved the dvd IDE plug and something went wrong.

Noise also seems to be a big issue with power supplies, right? Well, this LPK2 is just tooo quiet. I mean when it runs, you can't hear it at all. For a super cheap power supply, it sounds to me, literally, like it's just not doing anything.

I think I see what you're saying about the "test", because the first thing I thought as I watched him do it is that there is no load on it. The test doesn't put a load on it, other than a few LED lights that are supposed to tell you it's ok.

That makes sense because when I hooked up my old 120W just to see what the lights on the board would do, with 120 watts, the LED2 light barely lit and that was with no drives or anything but the cpu in. 180 isn't much more so how would it handle all my drives?

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know what to look for on the supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom