I Did It!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
More solder isnt what matters. You can have all the solder on a role and that wont make a difference. Connection is what counts. ;)

I mean it looks okay. But i still haev my doubts. Low res photos i can not be sure of anything.

Well guys, I've got some pretty good news - seems that my repairs did the trick :D I'm currently posting from my 'master' rig, not the PII system anymore.

I took the risk and tried it out, first just the card and mobo alone, then the ram, then the cpu and I was able to boot up to BIOS and the display worked fine.

I had a couple of false alarms, first I forgot to hook up the PCI-e power connector to the card, so I got this really loud constant shreaking beep from my motherboard that I initially though was a resistor about to explode. Also, I tried to boot up without an HSF on the gpu or cpu (I was too lazy to install them) and I was able to boot up into BIOS but it obviously shut itself once it reached the heat threshold. Then I got a weird CMOS error, that just required me to load up optimized settings and now everything works.

I booted into Windows and stressed the card and it was perfectly stable, so I installed the Accelero S1 + Turbo Module, and boy is it something, my temps dropped and where I only was able to OC my card to a max of 795 I can now hit 820! My temps never go over 40 on load, it's great! I can't wait to do some vmodding.

As for the cpu, I've lapped the cpu and heatsink, I don't have airflow configured yet, but out of case I'm getting 35 degrees idle with one fan on the hsf, so I'm hoping for good things once I have everything set up.

This the least blurry photo I could get. I'll take better ones once I get my hands on my dad's camera :D :
dasdasdasgw4.jpg

Merkwürdigliebe;1318312 said:
Also, I tried to boot up without an HSF on the gpu or cpu (I was too lazy to install them) and I was able to boot up into BIOS but it obviously shut itself once it reached the heat threshold.

You sir are a retard...

dude, give me a break, I'm an amateur here :D I trusted that the built-in safety mechanism would trigger once it got too hot anyway, I was really just testing real quick to see if I could boot up into display, which I did, and I installed the heastinks right after

Or the built in safety would go out along with the CPU...

i dont see the point of doing all that to ur card in the first place to be honest - if it aint broke, dont fix it! but then again, i dont have the expertise to do that either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom