Q6600 Cooling Options and HD question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BC-Reefer

Solid State Member
Hey everyone,

So I'm finally in the process of building a new system (it's been a VERY long time since I've done this).

I was just curious on what is the best Heat sink and fan to use for a Q6600 CPU?

I'm running it on a P5K E mobo in a P182 Tower.

Ultimately looking for a quiet and efficient cooling system. Obviously the "easier" it is to install the better.

While I'm at it, does anyone know of a relatively quiet HD? I'm just running an old IDE drive currently and want to upgrade to a SATAII any recommendations on quiet HDs?

I would use the tuniq.
Hard drive wise, they all are about the same noise level. Get a seagate or a wd (seagate ftw)

The Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is regarded as one of the top (if not the top) heatsinks on the market I believe. Getting that with a quiet fan (such as a Scythe SFlex) will give you pretty decent cooling and it won't be too noisy. I can't really help you with HDDs, I've only had 2 and they're both Seagate ones, I wouldn't know if they're loud compared to others or not.

I have a tuniq right now and I would recommend the true over it. Its huge, loud, and a bit of pain to install.

Once you have mounted the TRUE a few times, you learn how to do it. Its actually quite easy to mount, compared to the tuniq. The true will cost you about 85 or so including a fan and shipping, but its well worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom