Need a High-Spec PC For My Money... HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the reason it has space for multiple GPU's is to support SLI, right? Isn't that a good thing?

Guys, what do you think of this little bundle: Motherboard Bundle : mbb-xlgtv2 ?

i think its overpriced for what it is, think about it this way if you allow 165 for the Q6600, 100 for the motherboard and 70 for the ram it comes to 335

£15 cheaper and got a extra 2gb of ram

and i shoul of asked a few things earlier, what are you going to use the pc for, will you go over 650 or is that your lot, do you need a monitor, keyboard and mouse

Hi,

I am going to be using this for all round entertainment. I hardly ever play games to be honest, but I still want a system that will allo me to, when I want too... A scalable system.

I don't particularly need a mouse/keyboard/windows and deffo don't need a monitor. Though packages that contain these, I would still consider.

Right, so I scoured the Web again and have configured a new setup.

CASE (Either):
Asus TA-210
OR
Antec Sonata III Quiet Super Mini Tower

MOBO:
Asus P5N-E SLI
OR
Asus P5K Premium WiFi Intel P35 LGA 775

CPU:
Inter Core 2 Quad Q6600

GFX:
nVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB

RAM:
Kingston 2GB PC2-6400 CL5 (2x 1GB)

HDD:
Samsung SpinPoint SATA2 16MB 320GB

DVD/CD:
HP 20x DVDRW Light Scribe 1040i-B

Let me know of any changes.upgrades/recommendations.

Thanks guys, hope I've nailed it this time.

ok, i would suggest you ditch SLI if you dont game and you just want a entertainment system 1 graphics will handle it ok this will also allow you to play sone nice games if wanted

a mobo with a P35 chipset will keep your system running nice

my suggested parts would be:

ram - patriot, OCZ, crucial and corsair
hard drive - western digital or seagate
graphics - radeon 3850, radeon 3870 or nVidia 8800gts 512mb ( very good card ) or 8800gt

1. Okay, so ditch the SLI, what about MOBO 2, selected, the Asus P5K Premium WiFi Intel P35 LGA 775.

2. What's wrong with kingston RAM??

3. Sasung drive no good?

4. What about my GFX caard I selected?

And if it really isn't too much trouble, do you think you could possibly replace the components of your choice, with reference to Aria links? Because, all the codenames are way too confusing.. Appreciate it Steve, thanks.

mobo 2 is a SLI board to so i'll give you a numbers for a nice one

there's nothing wrong with kingston ram or the samsung hdd, its just theres more reliable brands

the graphics you selected is perfect it will last for years

for the links well i'm posting though my ps3 and it will not allow linking but i'll put the item numbers which you put into the search bar on aria.co.uk and it will go right to

mobo

hard drive
29640 or 27026

cpu
28805 or 28356 ( code for the Q6600 oem and retail, need to get a fan for the oem )

ram
26115 or 26605 or 26802

graphics cards
29414 or 29828 or 29782 or 29148 or 29750

power

the dvd drives as long as there SATA they should work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom