random shutdowns and audio issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
hey well i ran into two problems with my comp so i might as well just post both on this.

the first is with my p4 3.0ghz comp, it just turns off whenever it wants to. My friend said it was something wrong with power supply so he told me to turn it off from the wall then turn it back on. That worked for a few days but then it stopped working allover!.

So...what i did was took a power supply off of an old P3, it was a 230V 300watt power supply and i replaced it with the one that was causing all the problems which was a faulty 240V 400watt power supply.

Im just wondering if this slows my comp down? and how would i fix that?.

the 2nd issue i have is with an pixel view tv tuner card. I got the video working but the sound doesnt work. The manual said to plug the audio out "thingi" into the device; and i did that but nothing happend. then i tried "another" speaker but still didnt work...

what do i do..??
-thanks

Its only a problem if you have a lot of things running in your computer. But 300 watt is pretty skimpy for today's standards. It wont really slow your computer rather than just cause problems like shutting down and lockups.
As for the pixel view tuner card what version do you have? Have you looked for update drivers. If you can get me the card's model # I'll look for a update for it.

Can't help with the second problem but for the first...does it shutdown when doing anything in-particular?

Also please use the following link to make sure your PSU is giving enough output for your current specs...

Newegg - Power Supply Calculator

Then post back...

For new egg calculator, i got recommended 313watts. so im just down by 13. But i am thinking of getting a new supply unit. Thanks for youre help;)

the tv tuner card is PV-M4500. and it says "play tv pro 2" on the box.

sweet the tv tuners working and im down to my last problem. The 300Wat PSU isnt sufficient for this comp and it keeps crashing....

Just as a tester it may be worth taking something out (if you can) to get your juice back to the required level to see if that, indeed, does make the difference before you spend any money on a new PSU.

Nice to see this is getting resolved! :)

I had the same issue too, my computer restarted whenever it felt like it, perhaps its an overheating issue? Open your computer and check your heat sink, i checked mine this morning and this is what i found:

IMG_3671.jpg

I cleared the dust and the computer is good as new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom