9600GT SLI vs HD3870 X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sli performance with the 9600gt is amazing in my eyes. SLI was not performing this well before with previous cards right?

Maybe the 9600GT is really a gem in disguise? Cause it seems that Sli is performing much better. But in all honesty, I've never SLIed to begin with, so I can't tell.

Here is my scale

15-30fps-Playable

30-60fps- Great

60+fps- Overkill

god, i cant play cs:s without 200 fps anymore. But i just think it's my e-peen (stole that from someone on these forums, lol) that is po'd about not having above 200 fps :p.

But ya, i think it's more like this.

15-30 fps - dont ideal. get a config.
30-60fps - Playable.
60+fps- Yay!

But ya, i think they made this 9600 GT great, and right off the bat it's at a good price and good performance. Infact excllent for a mid range card. This is Nvidia's way of saying "HEY NUCCAS, KEEP YOUR EYES ON US BECAUSE WE GONNA COME OUT WITH MORE 1337 STUFF".

They better not screw it up on the other cards.

I doubt it, the 9600GT is like 15% slower than the 8800GT, I wouldn't call that close. The only thing is the SLI... it just doesn't make any sense to me at all that they'd use the G92 cores for the 9800GX2 then... why not the G94 with 128SPs enabled... doesn't make sense at all :S

i'm saying for half the sp's its doing fairly close.. considering the gtx is 128 and the gts was 92.... the difference was something that of 15-25%.... while the 8800gt and 9600gt is half of the sp's.... so go figure? they're doing something right

Grrr. Well i have this notepad file called: MasterPC.txt. Its got my pc parts list for the pc im getting in christmas. So far i cant keep it solid for more than a week. Im trying to go all out. My video card setup will be 2x (3870X2). Which is like ultra. lol.

But now i think i have to swap everything around again (motherboard) for SLI 9800GX2's if there midrange cards are doing this well.

pffff..........as long as it stays above 60 fps on the highest settings, im good. GPU-Z reads my HD 3870 x2 memory speed as 901MHz n this test shows it at 1800MHz.........interesting.

im gonna update my sig.

Honestly, if Nvidia can learn to keep their cards under 300$ or so. Then you'll start seeing a pick up in sales. But like some one else said, if they ruin things for the other cards, that would be un-fair as well. But hey, business is business, which is probably why they are aiming to keep their new 9600GT series at a reasonable price. When the 9800GT series come out and demolish the 8800 Ultra in every way possible at a lower cost. Then I m heading for the hills because there is going to be a war going down. Revenge of the nerds anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom