Some 9800GTX Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
erm...3870x2?

or a heavily OCed G92 8800GTS for $300 (I've seen some at $250 from Galaxy) and if you're playing at non-ultra high resolutions.

Go look at the 3DMark06 thread and the Crysis benchmark thread, mgcook's OC'd Ultra and my OC'd GTS are almost neck-and-neck and we pretty much have identical specs.

^ that still doesnt do me any good since i already have an ultra, and i'm not happy with it. So an equal card is useless.

by they I meant nvidia as i'd much rather not deal with ati. I'm not sayign anythings wrong with them, the 3870 is as great card. just personal preference. and if it's a x2 card we're gonna talk about I may as well wait for the gx2.

i was just under the impression the gx2 was some half***ed last ditch effort at making money and the gtx was gonna be better. that's what i get for being Optimistic huh? XD

i think that nvidia won't be goin' for a large performance increase, rather they'll be goin' for a larger price drop. cause they showed with the 9600gt that they are goin' for value, they increase the performance a little and lower the price, so they'll probably keep this with the rest of the series. so even if it's only a little bit more performance, if the price is less i'm happy, since i don't have a lot of money to though on upgrades.

would make sense seeing as it supposedly shares the same core as well as the fact that gpu-z needs to be updated for support for newer gfx cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom