Project UV Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to only cool my CPU and not my GPU

I'll be upgrading from the GTS this summer anyways, as will the CPU, so I've decided to look for a universal CPU water block (AM2 and 775) so far I've seen: Danger Den Copper TDX UNI Block for AMD AM2/64/K7 & Intel 478/775 which is $50, price isn't really a problem, but lower is better unless it really causes performance problems, ascetics don't really matter because I can just mount acrylic on the plate if its large enough

Another thing I've decided is to forgo painting for the moment, I will try to find a place that can anodize the entire case (interior) for a relatively low price, or I'll save up for a nice anno during the summer

I don't think it will look bad at all because the motherboard will cover the only exposed part and when its dark, the view will be negligible.

I'm also going to try and sleeve all my cables in UV blue sleeving/heat shrink if I can find a nice tutorial.

Whats this stuff about "Black UV" lights? Where can I get those?

I'll get the EK Supreme, I"ll update you guys tommorow night with all the new things I ordered (/will order)

Woohoo! More additions to my project! I went out and bought 4 CoolerMaster Blue LED 120mm fans, some zip tie adhesive mounts, a UV Blue rounded IDE cable, and a set of UV Blue cable sleeves, heatshrink and zip ties,

I added the new loot to my pile and took another picture.

DSC00699.jpg

I'm also planning on ordering this tonight so that it will ship out tomorrow (Sunday today), if you guys think I should get anything else or swap some of the stuff out for something else, please feel free to say so.

2-24-08shoppingcart.jpg

+ Molex Connector Remover tool + Black Double 120 MM Black Acrylic Rad Grill

The actual building and modifications to the case and actual PC will probably begin on Wednesday afternoon. I suspect that everything will reach me by then, however I'm really hoping that I can find a drill (mine is broken) that I can borrow or use to mod the motherboard tray before I actually put the components in... otherwise I'll have to either wait to assemble the PC, or just reassemble once I get a drill (definitely by the weekend). The acrylic backings will be all measured by the weekend and then they will be cut then as well and probably mounted.

I'm not exactly sure when I want to start cable sleeving... but I think I'll do that while I'm leak testing my water cooling loop (24 hours for safety!) since that'll give me plenty of time to actually start sleeving.

I'll also take some pictures later today that will show how I think I'll arrange the water cooling within the PC. For now, I think the radiator will be mounted on the right of the PSU (top right of the case) with a rectangle cut out of the top so the backend of the radiator can be there with a rad grill in place. The two 120mm fans will push air out of the case through the top, through the radiator thus cooling my entire case and the radiator at the same time. I'll probably lose a little performance that way, but it'll fit better, I can't seem to fit the rad anywhere else.

heh, well that might take a while

all the basic changes to the case (mostly aesthetics and some minor performance or other changes) will all be done probably by a week from today

however, I'd still like to do more such as actually getting the case anodized (that would look amazing... but it'd be pretty costly, probably more then the case actually costs), buying some nice drive bay things etc.

I'll be upgrading my actual PC components during the summer, probably going to a Q6600 with a good mobo, and a new GFX card (undecided atm).

The case will probably have some great wire management happening a few days into the week after next Sunday although I'm not exactly sure how I want to handle cable management. Should I leave more of it exposed to let it glow in the UV light? Or should I hide everything possible... I'll probably add some UV Blue molex connectors to the list since those are relatively cheap and I can just replace the connectors while I'm sleeving the cables. In the future I'll replace the ATX power connectors and other assorted cables, for now molex is the easiest and most abundant.

I actually like seeing the sleeved wires exposed as long as they are all zip tied together. I like it when people hide their cathodes too. Looks like light is emerging from a certain area of the case

I actually like seeing the sleeved wires exposed as long as they are all zip tied together. I like it when people hide their cathodes too. Looks like light is emerging from a certain area of the case

hmmm alright, and yeah I have a bunch of blue and clear zip ties now, as well as the adhesive zip tie mounts so I can line the wires along the edges of the case or in certain areas that I might want to. I agree with you on the cathodes, I personally hate seeing them or having them exposed because they then provide sort of "washed" out light, I'll definitely hide them somewhere.

@ aspire, I could only find one listing for the ek supreme on ebay, and although it's 50 bucks even, the guy only ships on Thursdays!? I cant wait for that long lol, and personally, I hate dealing through ebay because the sellers are at liberty to hold their item and ship it late for whatever reason they may. Online retailers have a real reputation as a site on hand and thus ship their items out 1-2 days at the most after the order is proccesed, most promise same day before a certain time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom