Wireless Card disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan M

Solid State Member
Ok, following on from my previous thread.

The BSOD never went away so I decided to fully re-install my Windows. Now, when I first got my computer, it was wirelessly enabled with all the necessary installations. When I reinstalled Windows, I couldn't find my wireless card in the setup wizard, which leads me to believe that I've lost all my wireless card drivers. Also, I cannot remember what the manufacturer of my wireless card was.

Can anybody help me out here?

Would be much appreciated.

Ryan

Ahh Chris your a legend. Searching for my model and make brought me to a link which had the same wireless card. :D

Now, would I download the drivers and put them onto cd to install? As I cannot get on the internet.

If so, could you point me in the right direction? :D

EDIT: It's a Ralink Turbo Wireless LAN Card.

What steps have you taken so far, been on Packard Bell's websight an tried to download the drivers?

I'll try that, but will I put the drivers onto CD then install from there?

Also, will it matter if the card doesnt show up on add hardware, or will i need to search for it?

normaly you wouldn't have to put them on CD but I would download them so i always have a copy. You might need to search for it but you can find it by, Start> RIGHT CLICK My computer an select properties> Hardware Tab> Device manager. If it hasn't got a driver installed it should be found in Other hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom