Some 9800GTX Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
I don't know how legitimate this is, but if the numbers are real, then the 9 Series looks like it'll disappoint:

9800GTX.jpg

Yeah... this just looks like a G92 GTS to me... with a die shrink and 3-way SLI...

source: Expreview.com - Extra Hardware News Report! » Blog Archive » More details of GeForce 9800GTX

I kinda hope this is true so that my G92 GTS doesn't become outdated :D

gay...

makes me laugh at all the idiots who've been waiting for the 9 series and will now be disappointed.

Nobody said anything about sucking, just not being revolutionary.

7 to 8 series was revolutionary, 8 to 9 in all likelihood wont be.

say what... wow

the real gains are going to be seen in 3 way sli... i dont remember where i read it but speculation was that 3 way sli would be some where like 75% more effective than 2 way sli it said something about odd number processing being more effective, mind you this was in the day when 2 way sli was the new thing

Were not talking abotu the 9600 at all, this entire discussion is based around the 9800gtx.

Were not talking about comparisons, were talkign about the hardware that the 9800gtx will have. In particular the G92 core.

i don't care what they put out as long as its a single card with better performance than the 8800 ultra.

agreed. also arnt these cards supposed to cost alot less guys? if i can buy a card thats even %5 better then a ultra for like under 500 im happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom