Overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i said in my previous post that i had the HTT multi at 3-4x but i think that is called the nb<->k8 HT speed not multi... im at work so i cant remember what its called right now... the HTT multi ive been changing around to see my cpu speeds change trying to figure out how to raise it higher than 3.2 ghz... still cant figure it out... ive got my mem back to ddr 400... alright tell me how easy this is supposed to be and how hard I am making it lol

if you can't adjust your HTT freq it may be hidden as an advanced feature or in a bios update, check your manual and manufacturers site for updates that could address this problem

otherwise, you've got either a generic or really cheap motherboard which doesn't support overclocking in the normal sense, normaly your multiplier would be locked as well though.

yea i read all 3 lol.. i just get confused on all these different terms that I havent been messing with but for about 2 months... I know the HTT is like the fsb for AMD cpu's, HTT multi has an auto or 1-15x multiplier... is the nb-k8 same as the HTT frequency? because mine has options of 1-5x or auto... and ive lowered the nb-k8 to 3x, left the cpu freq alone at 200, HTT multi is at auto for 16x times the HTT which is 201.0 which i cant raise or lower.. ill check around andd see if i can find something on biostars website for the TF 570 SLI mobo on changing it or if its locked... oh and ive got the mem at ddr 400... all that sound about right?

well i dont know what I was thinking... someone told me not to mess with the cpu frequency... well decided to lower all setting and slowly up the freq... got it to 220x15 for 3300... vcore is at 1.425 ddr 400 and timing is 3-3-3-9? is that good? i cant OC it any more yet cuz i get the BSOD... any options on getting any higher from your exp? figured i might be able to get at least 3.6 or more?

It could be your ram. Run looser timings 4-4-4-12 and bump the freq to 225 and see if you post. Keep doing it until you can't boot. Remember where you are(write it down or something) and go back and oc your ram or underclock w/ tighter timings. One thing at a time.

just like thirdshift said, loosen your timings a lot, maybe even to 5-5-5

anyways, if your bsoding or cant post, RAISE YOUR VOLTAGE, jeeze lol, everyone's been asking how to get stable... if you've already downclocked all your other stuff, and set the HT bus at 8 by 8 and set the HT link to 3x or lower, then you just need to raise your voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom