Yet another Q on my 1st OC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zune Guy

In Runtime
Am currently increasing the FSB in conjunction to memory, currently have 981MHz on the Crucial Ballistix Sticks, but as suspected my CAS timings have gone up, rather drastically, to 5-7-7-22 (formerly 5-5-5-12), how will this affect a C2D system. I have heard that the clockspeed is more important in such systems. Also my DDR18V Status in the 'PC Health Status' of my P35-DS3R is showing FAIL. How bad, because I can't afford to mess up anything seriously

you probably need to manually set the timings and voltage on the memory. Ballistix are supposed to be run at 2.2v, if the voltage is lower and the timings are set to auto, its going to start loosening the timings to stay stable.

Oh ya, to get into the memory settings on the ds3 its ctrl-f1. The manual doesnt bother to tell you that.

Crucials will do up to 999mhz in most cases w/ 4-4-4-12. Anything after that its 5-5-5-15. You can spend more time and dial it in to try to get tighter timings

Have reached 1016MHz with my RAM, did as advised and used Ctrl+F1. Managed to get my timings down to 5-5-5-18, will try to get the latter down to 15 or 12 (Slowly, slowly...****!!!). Not sure if I will bother to kep going higher, have upped my PCMark05 Score by loads since I began, 3GHz is fully stable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom