Windows XP Login Disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiTaNsFaN690

Solid State Member
Hi,

I recently encountered a problem with my system using Windows XP SP2 in which I simply can't login. It isn't because I have forgotten the password or anything like that, windows simply will load onto the login screen but no box will appear to log in. The sky blue screen and windows logo are all there waiting, but no accounts are present. The same happens for Safe Mode also.

I first assumed the problem was hard drive related (as everything else seems to be running fine) but I can't seem to find any errors after running several diagnostic checkers. When I run CHKDSK utilizing the windows xp install disk it states that "the volume appears to contain one or more unrecoverable problems." The hard drive so far has shown no errors in any sector, though I am running a few more diagnostics.

Any suggestions? I have no idea how to proceed.

Thank you in advance.

*update* For some reason windows (using the xp disk and DISKPART command) only sees about 13 gigs of space on the partition (with 99% of it free) when the hard drive is 300 gb. This is very strange; still can't find any problems with the hard disk itself using UBCD diagnostic tools.

Sounds as if your system got corrupted. It is not finding any profiles and if that is the case. You might be lucky to be able to do a repair install and get a new account and export your old corrupted one. If it works...

I'd say try windows repair. Explorer.exe may be damaged, or some other critical system files. You could try to boot to the repair console and run sfc /scannow as well. That might do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom