Laptop drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hercules_upw

Daemon Poster
Is it possible to copy the drivers on a new laptop, then reload Vista and the drivers? I'm concerned that without a recovery disk i'll get hosed somehow....

Thanks in advance....... :)

It is possible to download and burn the drivers before you re-install. What is the laptop make and model. I will see if i can find a downlaod page for you.

They do not have the 3rd party driver backup like they did for XP. You *Could* try to take the whole driver folder. But the thing is when you re-install you would have to go into the device manager and lead every missing driver to that folder since those are not executables in there. Just the .inf files used for the drivers. It is a round about way. but it could work.

My personal opinion of that laptop is that it is good. I mean 3GB of RAM and a Core 2 Duo. Witha 8600GT to boot. It can handle some serious work. The only thing that scares me is the hard drive speed. 5400 RPM is the slowest speed for a hard drive.

Acer Europe - Service & Support, Drivers & Utilities, Downloads, Notebook, Aspire 5920

That site there should provide you with all your drivers via the drop down menus.

There is a program i use when reinstalling OS called Driver Genius that will grab all the drivers on your computer and let you copy them to a folder to put on a thumb drive or CD Rom or network drive. Then when your done reinstalling you reinstall Driver Genius and point it to the folder you made and it will reinstall all the drivers for you. Works like a charm.

Driver Genius is updated to work on Vista. So that would be a solution. Never heard of that app.

This is just one folder you create. And when you select that folder and all files it will put all the drivers back in the right places all at one time. I have used this program at least 20 times with not one problem yet.

This is just one folder you create. And when you select that folder and all files it will put all the drivers back in the right places all at one time. I have used this program at least 20 times with not one problem yet.

if it make one folder then it will work. because everytime you point it back to the file it will be there. with double driver you would have to remember the file name
and use the windows search function which gave me a headache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom