Urgent Bios Flash Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I was helping somebody flash their Asus K8V SE Deluxe BIOS and when they restarted the computer afterwards, absolutely nothing happened. No signal is even getting to the monitor. It the mobo damaged? Please help fast!

Plain and simple : You screwed up the BIOS. If the BIOS is screwed then nothing will generally happen. Plus thats the only clear problem i see out of this. IMO the only choice you got is to get a NEW BIOS chip or Mobo. Cause if you cant turn it on then their isn't much you can really do right?

EDIT : Also take out the BIOS jumpers and put them back. It might help, but i'm not sure it will.

AG3 said:
We cleared the CMOS battery and it worked...

You must always clear the CMOS immediately after flashing the BIOS.

I dont' think that's quite right. Depends on your BIOS and how the flash was written. Some will automatically overwrite the current settings when you flash it. Clearing the CMOS only serves to erase any current settings (factory or user-wise).

Who cares... if the flash doesn't work... then clear the CMOS... if that doesn't work... give the PC a good kick and go drink a beer dammit.. problem solved! :D

LMAO, good advice, anytime your computer giving problems, one kick and it will be fixed.

You do not ALWAYS have to clear via battery. If no problems (like above occur) then on some boards it will boot to windows (after a quick bios tour). Most times, it will boot up and state "bios config has changed, press blah to enter bios" because it needs to redetect the hardware. Not saying pulling CMOS is a bad idea, its just not ABSOLUTLEY necessary. Once BIOS polls the hardware and compares it with what is in the CMOS it will continue to pass the boot strap to the HDD and o/s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom