A question about iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan M

Solid State Member
Hello, I'm new here, so if this is in the wrong section I'm sorry.

I face a dilemma, everytime I switch my computer on I get the "blue screen of death", which leads me to think that I may need to reboot my computer, which would mean losing all my files, including my music. Question is, I have this music stored on my iPod, would I be able to transfer it from my iPod to my computer as an mp3 with the same high quality. Its very problematic if I cant as the files will be very hard to replace. Does anyone know if this could work and what I'd need to do?

If not, are there any mp3 recovery programs that I could use to save the data, or, even recovery programs to save my computer on the whole, that anyone could recommend?

The message is:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup untilities. check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard-drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x001090203, 0x85A835D0, 0xC0000102, 0x00000000)

Also I cannot bypass the blue screen at all.

Please help :(

Thank you

Ryan

EDIT: Also, I've done a bit of research and the STOP code is one associated with Windows 2000, however I am running Windows XP.

Yes but if I rebooted my computer I'd lose iTunes on the whole.

Its the blue screen thats bothering me as I cant even get by the blue screen to execute possible solutions as the solutions I have found involve actually getting Windows up and running, something that I cannot do as the blue screen is popping up and refusing to start up Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom