What's after xp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
If you think the name Longhorn is dumb, Microsoft is planning on releasing a Windows ME style interim version called Windows XP Reloaded to bridge the gap between XP and Longhorn.

Doubt it's gonna happen. MS has not firmly decided yes/no on that yet... they're just thinking about doing it. The way I see it, they're just asking for another flop... the way ME turned out to be a stinker... I doubt that any "makeover" of that stinkin POS OS will get any attention from the public.

http://news.com.com/2100-1016_3-5165966.html?tag=nefd_lede

they shouldn't do that, the only thing they should be concentrating is how to make longhorn properly. no bugs. no backdoors. no instability. just a proper os.

Ahhh..i miss the days when Microsoft made quality software. Bill Gates has more money than he could ever spend, so he should start focusing on the quality of the stuff he puts out instead of trying to make an extra buck by releasing bug-filled crap. He just brings shame to his name by releasing crap like Windows ME, and maybe XP Reloaded in the future.

beedubaya said:
Ahhh..i miss the days when Microsoft made quality software.

WTF??

Ok, so name one OS that billy boy released PRIOR to Windows 2000/XP that you consider as "quality".

In my opinion, XP is the best OS has released to date considering 1) the stability 2) the frequency of crashes compared to previous OSes like Win95/98 and 3) software compatibility; not to mention the other features of XP.

So you name one OS that's better than XP in those categories.

lol, other than xp they haven't made any good ones. xp is the best by far.

there isn't a better windows out there.

xotix said:
lol, other than xp they haven't made any good ones. xp is the best by far.

there isn't a better windows out there.

Exactly my point. I'm still curious to see which MS OS beedubaya thinks is more "quality" than XP.... Interesting, hmmm.... maybe he's referring to DOS 6.0?

Anything based on the Windows NT/2K line. 2000 was the best OS from Microsoft to date. I haven't used 2003, but I've heard it is great. XP is stable and I love it, but the security fallouts remove it from what I would consider a top-quality OS, and yeah, of course, DOS 6.0..lol. When making that statement, i was referring to the crap that Microsoft released as Windows 95/98/ME and the possibility of Windows XP reloaded.

beedubaya said:
Anything based on the Windows NT/2K line. 2000 was the best OS from Microsoft to date.

LOL... dude you just defeated your own argument. "2000 was..."... past tense... not present tense... meaning you've changed your mind after my posting and now think XP IS the best? or was that was?...errrr... wait...never was a fuzzy wuzzy?

BTW, i'm still waiting to see which MS OS you think is the best... as in better than XP. And please don't say DOS 6.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom