Upgrading Finaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Payne99

Baseband Member
hehe alright I've gotten really sick of this spare computer I've got, here's the build...
Operating Sys: Microsoft Windows Xp Home
CPU: AMD Athlon 64, 2400 MHz (12x200) 3400+
Sys Memory: 1024 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Vid. Card: Radeon X850 XT AGP 256mb
Audio: SiS 7012 Audio Devide
mobo's is Asus k8S-LA

I'd like to know if anything here's salvageable, my thoughts atm would be to start w/ a different case, the current one is a basic compaq shell but its beat to crap.. so I can find one if I can figure out what I can still use, the mb sucks I know that and the cpu isn't great but its old and I dont want to throw it away, I'm sure the gpu is still usable.(audio is still fine by my standards) I can spend about 500-600$ max upgrading here. Thanks for any replies

if your x850XT was PCI-express, it would still be a pretty good card at the x1650XT or 7600GT level

i would see how much you could get for the system and if it is in the 200 to 300 dollar range i would sell it ... keep your HD tho so you dont have to buy a new OS

hehe alright was thinkin it was useless anyhow, Ill see if its sell-able, keep the hd though, would be a pain to have to get another OS, so now to square one on building a rig thats in the 1.9-2k range.. thanks for the help btw. And ya..i wish the Gpu was pci-express.

Alright I'd rather just post here again since I dont want to start mutiple threads as this is just the same thing, but building a new rig, I'm just looking for opinions and options on a new build (friend decided to buy my old one so theirs some extra cash) anyhow let me state that im very pleased with what my current computer is running and I could be interested in a same build or better but my price range is 1.7k-2k(max), I love Intels c2d and nvidia is my card of choice. (Im keeping the old builds MS OS), any type of builds are welcomed, I'm mainly interested in playing various games:
-FPS possibly crysis??or justBFII/2142etc.
-RTS(supreme com./future StarcraftII etc.)
-MMo can be Lineage2 (multiple clients. 3-4 if possible)
I can go amd based if better points can be pointed out. Just help :D Im still no pro computer builder but I at least have an idea after building a couple. thanks for any replies Ill respond asap.

if you are planing on playing crysis you are gonna need a pretty serious rig... not so extreme on the processor side of the ball, a 512mb 8800 for sure and a decent amount of ddr2 ram id say 2 to 4 gigs of at least ddr2 800 if not 1200 also put the most thought into the mobo to make sure you can upgrade it in the future i.e. make sure it is 45mm capable

you keep saying your going to keep your hd and os

you do know that youll have to reinstall your os when you build this new build right?

you keep saying your going to keep your hd and os

you do know that youll have to reinstall your os when you build this new build right?

thats what i thought but wasn't sure so i didn't say anything.

heister he doesn't need 4 gigs of ram. 2 gb 800 is all u need for a while, u can always get more later if u need it. also a 8800gt 512mb would run crysis fairly well on low/mid setttings. if you plan on keeping this comp for a while go with the q6600 and oc it. if you want support for 45nm cpu's and tri sli in the future go for an asus 780i (tri sli is only for gtx and ultra, not gt) corsir psu's are great, i'll let you decide what u need there, the hx series is the best. the tuniq tower is awesome if your gona oc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom