I need help deciding between which is the best monitor, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jclewis

Baseband Member
Hey gusy, These two monitors are the same price now, and I want one of em lol. I don't plan on doing any fancy stuff, just gaming, and I don't normally run my resolutions that much higer than 1024 by760. I'd rather get the second one since its bigger, but is the first one really that much better than the second one. Or is the second one okay for gaming as well? HERE :

1st one :Newegg.com - Acer AL2616Wd Silver 26" 5ms (GTG) DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor with HDCP support 500 cd/m2 800:1 (DCR 1600:1) - Retail

2nd one: Newegg.com - Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" 3ms Widescreen LCD HDMI Monitor 500 cd/m2 800:1 Built in Speakers - Retail

The Hanns-G is a better deal, because it is 2 inches bigger, and has less response time.

But why would you need such a large monitor, if you don't run your resolutions higher than 1024 x 768? Mind you, that 1024 x 768 would look bad on a 28" screen. LCD monitors only look their best at their native resolution. In this case, 1920 x 1200. And if you're gaming on this monitor, I hope you have a pretty powerful gaming rig to support that high of a resolution.

Please do not double post. Edit your previous one.

Oh, and Welcome to Tech Forums!!

The Hanns-G is a better deal, because it is 2 inches bigger, and has less response time.

But why would you need such a large monitor, if you don't run your resolutions higher than 1024 x 768? Mind you, that 1024 x 768 would look bad on a 28" screen. LCD monitors only look their best at their native resolution. In this case, 1920 x 1200. And if you're gaming on this monitor, I hope you have a pretty powerful gaming rig to support that high of a resolution.

thx for the response, yeah my rig is pretty good, but right now I have a 6 year old triniton 22'' monitor so the hanns-G could be too much worse right? I mean If I ran the Hanns-G at around 1152by 864 that would still be better than the typical tv resolution right or at least better than what I have now?

When you set LCD monitors outside their native resolution, you won't get such a clear picture. The best picture you'll get with that Hanns-G 28", is it's native 1920 x 1200.

What are the specs of your gaming rig, anyway?

When you set LCD monitors outside their native resolution, you won't get such a clear picture. The best picture you'll get with that Hanns-G 28", is it's native 1920 x 1200.

What are the specs of your gaming rig, anyway?

i have a geforce 8800, 2 gig ram, 650 power supply, and dual core proccesccor, so im ok. But what if I leave the moniot in its high resolutin, but when I game, just set the gaming resolution to 1024 by 768?

Why are you so set on lowering the resolution, when gaming? That 8800, depending on which one you have, should handle gaming at 1680 x 1050. Gaming on 1920 x 1200 with that rig, will struggle. Unless you don't mind playing on lower game settings. A 22" monitor should suit that rig better, in my opinion.

Why are you so set on lowering the resolution, when gaming? That 8800, depending on which one you have, should handle gaming at 1680 x 1050. Gaming on 1920 x 1200 with that rig, will struggle. Unless you don't mind playing on lower game settings. A 22" monitor should suit that rig better, in my opinion.

yeah Im new at this, I didn't know that monitor size made a big difference on gaming. But I usually dont set the resolution so high in the gaming options because even with my 8800 I still get a lil slow down every now and then. But the alcer and the Hanns·G both apply to what you are saying as far as lcd resolutions right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom