Entry Quad Core $800 Budget, Check my Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to get one, but then looking at benchmarks I've seen its not better than an x1950pro plus its performance and its heat and has a dual-slot cooler makes it look less attractive of a buy

no offense but a quad core is way over kill for a build in this price range... i would save money by getting a faster stock dual core and over clock it a bit. Not to be a kill joy or anything but the only way to see advantages out of a quadcore is if the rest of your parts can keep up.. i would take the money you save on the processor and get a mobo that has solid 2x technology (i think that is what they are calling it) and that way you will get a better mobo and you can always upgrade to a quad when you have the money for that

So you can tell everyone

"I HAVE A QUAD CORE!"

I just think people forget that video cards are the most crucial component. A quad core is slow and has a special purpose. I'd rather spend that extra $$$ on a GFX card. You probably won't notice the difference at all between an e6750 or the Q6600.

Get the bare minimum in ever other area and then go big on the GFX. It's the only way it would be worth it with this price. If the build can RUN and still play Crysis reasonably, then you're in good shape.

I disagree, i noticed a big difference between my dual core and quad core rig with the same video card.

But the most important thing is that ALL your components work together. heister has the right idea when he says a expensive quad on a cheap board is not good.

But the board he picked out he has experience with and it's not a bad mobo. This rig will turn out alright.

I still suggest the 9600 GT because i've seen such good reviews for the price. and on clubit, after rebates and shipping it comes out below $170, a good deal for something close to performance of a 8800 gt 512.

I disagree, i noticed a big difference between my dual core and quad core rig with the same video card.

What relevance is "with the same video card"? The Q6600 is $100 more expensive than the E6750. You would naturally just buy a better video card with that price difference.

A 2.66GHz DC with a 8800GTS 512mb would destroy a 2.4GHz QC with a 9600GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom