$1500 Gaming Comp! Please help tweak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why you wouldn't just get a Corsair HX520 for a powersupply. Quieter, enough power, and easier cable management... What else are you looking for..?

As far as motherboard goes, I would get the Gigabyte DS3L

For a case, I would try Newegg.com - LIAN LI Lancool PC-K7B Aluminum/ SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail I'd much rather have that case for the same price. Another case you can look into is the P182(if you can find it on sale) or the Antec Solo. Also, you can look into the Kublai offerings by Silverstone.

I would personally get a Spinpoint instead of any other type of harddrive, but that's just a personal thing. They are known to be quieter.

Well, if you have enough money left over from the $1500.....I would go for the 8800GTS 512 over the GT.....it's not much more at all at this time.

I would personally get a Spinpoint instead of any other type of harddrive, but that's just a personal thing. They are known to be quieter.
most new SATA hard drives are all around the same noise level, the raptors are the only ones i've heard to be loud

Sorry didnt have internet for a few days. as for the 8800GTS over the GT...is that really worth the extra 50-100 dollars? I mean it doesnt look like it gives that much of an upgrade.

Hows everything look so far? Im still debating on the motherbaord at this time. As for the Memory is it worth upgrading to a 64bit vista for the 4GB of ram?

right at this moment... no but soon the majority of games will be 64 bit capable and then required.. so its smarter to prepare than have to go out and buy the upgrade and upgrade your hardware too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom