Power on motherboard but computer wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.

lateralus_01

Beta member
Hey all,
Just having a few problems, i have recently upgrade my computer by putting in a new motherboard and chip and hdd and videocard!!. So obviously i had to take all the old stuff out!. old stuff being p4 1.7 chip and asus p4 motherboard!. ANYWAY, my mums computer is an old p2 so, ive put my p4 chip and motherboard into her old case!. Ive connected everything up! to which seems correct to me!, but when i plug the power cord in!, a light on the motherboard turns on!, and whn i push "power button" to start it just sits there??. Anyone got any ideas???
Any help will be greatly appreicated
Cheers
Joel

also, make sure that the powerbutton is actually connected to the mobo. I know it is a trivial thing but ppl forget it.

thats ok man
i looked at that panel part for atleast an hour
im absolutly 100 percent positive it was in right!, So im going to do what microbell suggested in his help post and hopefully i can find my problem

check ur powersupply

as you siad that ur mom's computer was OLD, means that it might wont be supporting the P-4's power requiremens, as nomally old PC's came with 120W PSU's which wont be definately recommended with a P-4 system at least.

If its a dual power supply, did you connect both plugs? Try powering up with all the drives unconnected to figure out if it is a board problem or something caused by the drives.

HMMM well i think that the power supply might not be right!, because it works on mums p2 setup but not on a p4 setup.
does that sound right?, well could that be right? cheers
joel

hmmmm im sorry ppl, i was reading the bloody motherboard writing for ages, where is says pwrbtn and pled and all the those things and i assumed that the writing on the board matched how the pins were set out!, EXCEPT the friggin things go BACKWARDS, so foget about my question above, i have it fixed~!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom