If luck was money I would be a poor man actually I am poor something's wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

pspec

Baseband Member
hi
built this new pc used a cooler master 600w it has a red LED on the back which does not light up. Got the pc up and running installed some software turned the pc off went to bed. Then tried to power it up in the morning but its dead and now the red led is on but the motherboard led is off. So there cant be any power getting to the motherboard.

Does anyone know what that led on the back of the psu means?? Oh I got one more psu same kind that led does not light up so it must only come on when there is a problem and there is no mention of it in the handbook.

thanks

Red light on that thing means a Power Failure, Short circuit, or a Power Surge, if you can't get it to run after unplugging it and plugging it back it prob a dead power supply

Just plugged one more new psu same kin in to the motherboard and the motherboard led is not coming on do you think it killed the board

There is a possibility you killed the board, have you tested either of those PSUs in another machine, if not you'd have to do that or take one out of a working machine and try in on yours to know 100%, if it still doesn't work after that then that would be my best bet.

hooked up new psu to the board and the led on the board didn't light. then i used the wire trick on the psu (the other new psu that we think has gone bang). that is i hooked a case fan up to the psu and used the wire to trip the psu to turn on and the fan didnt move. if you put your ear to the psu it sound a bit like a small cricket very quiet. oh and the psu fan isn't kicking in. so i think they are both dead what do you think???? and where do you think i stand on a refund as they are both new fresh out the box. got them from 2 dif suppliers dont know if that would be a problem

thanks

hooked up new psu to the board and the led on the board didn't light. then i used the wire trick on the psu (the other new psu that we think has gone bang). that is i hooked a case fan up to the psu and used the wire to trip the psu to turn on and the fan didnt move. if you put your ear to the psu it sound a bit like a small cricket very quiet. oh and the psu fan isn't kicking in. so i think they are both dead what do you think???? and where do you think i stand on a refund as they are both new fresh out the box. got them from 2 dif suppliers dont know if that would be a problem

thanks

Just RMA them to each respective company, and report them as DOA. Get a refund if you can, and then get a better PSU (check the Power Supply Guide that's stickied in various boards around the site).

Thanks
As per usually you guys are a great help sent off email reporting them as doa.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom