PC slow down after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeyBusiness

Baseband Member
Hi. I am using windows vista home premium. After the update, my pc OS loading bar increases from 9 bars to 15 bars and it took 10 more seconds to load the welcome screen.
And after that my internet explorer cannot open so i restart which freezes there for a few minutes before restarting itself. After the restart, I could use internet explorer. Anyone can explain the slow??

Another question is, is it normal for windows to restart from welcome screen back to bios and back to welcome screen a lot of times during thr updates configuration?? It does not immediately goes into desktop after a restart when initialisng an update right??

Are you talking about the SP1 update, there a reports of the SP1 update not functioning with certain programs, mostly firewalls and anti-virus software, so make sure that's not an issue, and of course with update like SP1 there's prob more stuff to startup, ie Windows Services, but I'm not a Vista user, but that's my best guess.

I am not sure if the update was a SP1 as it updated itslef automatically. Any tips on how to check on the updates installed? I am quite new to vista.

Start hold on All Programs. When it shifts toward the top you should see Windows Updates.

Click on it. After that windows comes up on the left side you will see a link that says "View Update History". Click on that to see which updates were installed.

I am guessing that the updates installed were teh prerequisite files for SP1 and not the actual SP itself. This was the original gameplan for Microsoft to roll it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom