Can someone help me interpret the BSOD error messages please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi again everyone!

Well, my computer has established a pattern of shutting down now on a consistent basis. I have copied some of the error reports as well as the tech info.

My computer seems to shut down when I am using Nero Ultimate 7. I have recorded the error messages.

Can someone help me to interpret these messages please?

Here they are:

System error report

BCCode : 4e BCP1 : 00000099 BCP2 : 00061A87 BCP3 : 00000003
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\DIRKF~1.BRU\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER08ea.dir00\Mini022008-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\DIRKF~1.BRU\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER08ea.dir00\sysdata.xml

Problem caused by Device Driver
You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer

NEXT ERROR REPORT
BCCode : 4e BCP1 : 00000099 BCP2 : 00039693 BCP3 : 00000003

C:\DOCUME~1\DIRKF~1.BRU\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2415.dir00\Mini022208-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\DIRKF~1.BRU\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER2415.dir00\sysdata.xml

BSOD message:

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

Tech. Info: 0x00000003, 0x00000099, 0x0001A241, 0x00000003, 0x00000000)

Error signature:
BCCode : 4e BCP1 : 00000099 BCP2 : 0001A241 BCP3 : 00000003

Error report contents
C:\DOCUME~1\DIRKF~1.BRU\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER08e0.dir00\Mini022208-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\DIRKF~1.BRU\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER08e0.dir00\sysdata.xml

Ok, I am not sure what else to do.

Can you help me please?

Freddy

0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
This indicates that the memory management Page File Number list is corrupted. Can be caused by corrupt physical RAM, or by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists.

Taken from here:

Troubleshooting Windows STOP Messages

Google for and download MemTest86. Burn the ISO to a CD and run it for at least 4 hours. Post back with your results.

Ran Memtest but did find any errors. What next?

Hi again,

Well, I ran Memtest but no errors were found and it did not create a log.

My computer is still having lots of error messages and shutting down consistently.

Please, is there anything else I might do?

Freddy

I ran Memtest, not memtest86. Is there a difference?

MemTest86 is one that you burn to a CD and boot with that CD in the tray. From there you run it. From what i see of MemTest is that it is just a app that runs from within Windows. If Windows is accessing the Memory then it cant check it. So that would show why you got now errors.

With MemTest86 you boot to it and it runs with nothign else running. Which means it can test every part of the RAM.

Is this your XP or Vista machine??

MemTest86 is one that you burn to a CD and boot with that CD in the tray. From there you run it. From what i see of MemTest is that it is just a app that runs from within Windows. If Windows is accessing the Memory then it cant check it. So that would show why you got now errors.

With MemTest86 you boot to it and it runs with nothign else running. Which means it can test every part of the RAM.

Is this your XP or Vista machine??

Makaveli,

Thank you. My mistake. I just burned the memtest86 as you said, turned my computer off, then booted from the DVD drive and the test began exactly as you have stated.

Sorry, I misunderstood how to do this test and just had memtest running for 12 hours last night, but not from the bootable disc as you said.

I will do it again tonight, then post the results.

Thanks again!

BTW-do you think this problem is truly solvable without my having to uninstall everything, reinstall windows xp pro, and start from square one again? I am feelin' kind of discouraged right now because I have spent over 30 hours trying to get this new rig up and running smoothly. And yes, it is an XP pro.

I am so tempted right now to purchase the HP a6177c Refurbished (Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E6550, 2GB, 400GB, Vista Premium) from Fry's. It looks like a super deal. What do you think?

FRYS.com #: 5460019

FRYS.com | HP

To be totally honest with you, I am in no financial condition to do so, but I've been dreaming about it because the Fry's deal seemed to be able to meet each of the needs I have.

If only I could get this present system to stabilize...this $294 new build should be able to do the trick!

It's me, not-so-fast-freddy

Well best case you will have to do a repair install of Windows XP. Maybe get new RAM as it sounds as if this stuff is almost done for.

If the RAM turns out okay and the system is still this unstable. You might be forced into a reinstall.

Run MemTest86. We will see what we can do after that.

Well best case you will have to do a repair install of Windows XP. Maybe get new RAM as it sounds as if this stuff is almost done for.

If the RAM turns out okay and the system is still this unstable. You might be forced into a reinstall.

Run MemTest86. We will see what we can do after that.

Makaveli, thanks again for your good advice. I will post again in the morning. I think I might go to Fry's and ask them if they would test my RAM. I think they do it for free.

Makaveli, have you any thoughts on that E6550 deal at Fry's?

Freddy

Ran memtest86 as boot up and still no error messages. What next?

Makaveli,

I woke up this morning and ran to the computer. No error messages. So I suppose that is good news.

Is there anything else I might do to discover the problem?

I thought about trying to uninstall/reinstall some of the drivers....

Any thoughts on this?

Freddy

The deal at Fry's is iffy at best. Reason is because it is a refurb. Who know why it had to be refurbished. At the same time they could have fixed the issue. Or it could jsut fry out again. Pun intended. :p

Well the first option i would say here. Try a Windows Repair.

Insert the XP Disc. Hot enter to isntall windows after it loads. From there you hit F8 to agree to the EULA. After that it should scan the system looking for a old Windows install. Here it should find you current install. At this point you should see in the option to hit "R" to Repair. Do that.

The repair will remove all the Widnows files and reload them. So it will seem like the system was freshly installed when it wasnt. Your apps and everything should still work jsut fine. there are very few cases where a repair messed up some apps.

Try that. See if that does anything for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom