Overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dainius

In Runtime
OK I am a complete noob when it comes to OC'ing. Ive got the TF 570sli mobo, AMD X2 6400, and soon to be 4 gigs of dominataor ram(forgot which exact one) Now I have tried using multiple windows based OC'ing utilities, none of which save the settings and they seem to do nothing. Also in the bios when I change the cpu frequency i guess it is, voltage, memory OC, when I save and reload I get an error message form CMOS and windows will start in safe mode and it automatically changes my settings back to stock. Any ideas on this or what am I doing wrong.

great links and makes it very clear on OCing for the new guys. My problem is when i change the frequency form the stock setting of 200 to say 210X15, forgive me on the technical terms, and voltage to 1.5, i save setting sin the bios and reload an windows crashes. So i lower it to 205 and it still crashes. So I try the automatic OC for newbies and I get the error in the bios CMOS error please reset the cpu frequency then it automatically resets itself. Ive heard the TF570 SLI isnt the most friendly for OC'ing but I have heard of it being done with no problems... I know I cant OC my cpu much but some would be cool to learn with, same with the memory. Any help or more links would be greatly appreciated.

What is the defualt voltage for the CPU? Small increments of Voltage.

Say for example you want to try 210X15, and stock Vcore is 1.5, you would want to try the Vcore at 1.53 or 1.55
For AMD's you may need to lower the HTT Multi from 4-5 to 3.
It has been 3 years since I overclocked any AMD CPU, so look for similar setups in the AMD overclocking thread.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/official-amd-overclocking-thread-162493/

try keeping ur CPU Freq at stock for now, you stock volts should be around 1.31 i would think. try 3.4 at 1.4v and see if it will be stable.. but i remeber OCin my 5000+ everytime i would put any CPU Freq it would be very unstable... this unless your not really trying to get anymore power out of ur cpu

if your PC is crashing at startup, that means your clock is very unstable

as mentioned, that means that your proccesor's running as hard as it can already... thus you need to start experimenting with the voltages and/or as thirdshift said, underclock your ram and lower your HTT multiplier

ok i see where i have been going wrong. No more BSOD but i did manage to lower my cpu speed to 1000 mhz and back to normal.. but i cant seem to figure out how to raise the HTT freq(fsb) I know you have to change the memory divider... mine is set at ddr 400 and I was told to change it to 333... well I only get the options of 400, 533, 667, and 800... so now Im stuck again. More help is appreciated :)

memory divider has nothing to do with the actual CPU clock

how did you lower the cpu speed back to 1000 mhz without touching the bus speed? multiplier?

leave your memory alone, it seems to be already running as slow as it can, so thats fine and won't interfere with anything other then a SUPER EXTREME overclock

I lowered the cpu frequency by changing the multiplier from 16 to 5,9,10.etc... just to mess around with it while checking cpu-z to see what was changing since im new at this... problem is i cant get the HTT freq or fsb to budge off of 201.0 mhz. and ive got the HTT multi at 3-4x depending on what im messing with... but bus speed never changes... and ram is at 4-4-4-12 just playing around... havent touched the voltages yet... what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom