Flash and ActiveX..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingFalls

In Runtime
Neither seem to be playing their audio properly.

Everything else audio related works fine.

I've tried reinstalling, and updating drivers, but nothing seems to work.

This happened rather suddenly, no idea how or why.

Flash won't play in IE, and FireFox.

Could someone help?

Well ActiveX wouldnt work in Firefox that well. ActiveX is a IE based web option.

Have you cleaned your web cache? In IE go under tools>internet options the option is in there. Firefox it is under the preferences as well.

CCleaner can do it as well.

Well ActiveX wouldnt work in Firefox that well. ActiveX is a IE based web option.

Have you cleaned your web cache? In IE go under tools>internet options the option is in there. Firefox it is under the preferences as well.

CCleaner can do it as well.

Well some programs based on ActiveX aren't playing their sounds as they should as well.

I've tried clearing my cache, nothing happened.

Alright, I've tried running CCleaner's registry thing as well.

No changes at all that I see.

I saw a lot of "ActiveX issues" in there, but none Flash related.

I've also tried a system restore.

Now what should I do?

Uh oh. After repairing Windows XP, and getting 3 "Files not found" errors during the installation, I can't get into Windows at all now.

Now how would I get around to finding the files that are missing, presumably driver files so I can get Windows working again

I refuse to reformat Windows unless it's the very very last resort.

Is it possible I can make another installation of Windows and then just use that, delete the old one after moving all my files?

Yes you can just reload Windows but not under the Windows directory. After that you can import your files and profile as well.

To replace the fiels needed you would have to know which ones errored out when you did the repair so that you can replace them.

Alright, I've reinstalled Windows to a different directory.

Now how do I import all my settings and files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom