Installing a New Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I'm installing a new video card, and I was curious as to what I need to do to remove the old one. Do I just take it out of the computer, put in the new one and install the new drivers? Am I missing anything?

as easy as that.
I think you have to uninstall the old drivers first before installing the new cards ddrivers

make sure you are grounded...touch the power supply before and as you touch the card. also you might want to turn down the resolution if you have cranked up high just incase there is a conflict in drivers...don't have to

dont touch the PSU, touch the metal on the case and if there isnt any the screw driver should do.

and dont forget to unplug the pc from the wall outlet befor doing anything with the hardware.

EDIT: the PSU is part of the metal on the case, so it doesnt matter.

might even want to look into gettin a anti static wrist thing - thats what I use when I'm workin inside and I've yet to run into problems with shocking.

dumdum8684 said:
make sure you are grounded...touch the power supply before and as you touch the card.

NEVER touch the psu in such a manner. Especially if you have carpet or very dry air in your home. If you are not using a grounded wrist strap, you should instead touch a metal part of the case - AWAY from the PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom