Problem with Itunes

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxexpertxXx

In Runtime
Hey, i have a small problem with Itunes. When i search through my 400++ songs (scroll up & down) it lags a little, anyone know why? on my friends computer he has 1023 songs and when he scrolls up and down it doesnt lag...

Its not a big problem just wondering if anyone knew what was up.

Also Does anyone know another program other than "itunes". Something that is for MP3's. Some kind of music library. Other than windows media player Itunes and winamp. im looking for a different music player anyone have any thoughts?

There is Zune software, Anapod explorer among others. There are quite a lot of Media Players. It jsut depends on yoru preference.

The iTunes thing can be linked to lower system specs than your friend. What are the system specs?

Does it only do that when you use the view that has the album art displayed next to the songs? I think my computer does that too when the album art is displayed. I don't use iTunes anymore though. I think it's because it's loading the artwork.

Could be. But my Zune nor my WMP slows down at all while loading Album Art. I dont use iTunes at all so i wouldnt know really on that end. Jsut taking a shot in the dark on that.

Does it only do that when you use the view that has the album art displayed next to the songs? I think my computer does that too when the album art is displayed. I don't use iTunes anymore though. I think it's because it's loading the artwork.

well havnt you seen my computer specs?

it was that big thing in my Sig! lol

ram = 4 gigs
HD = 2 (500 gigs)
Speed = 3.66

Clearley, my computer isnt the problem! ill try

well havnt you seen my computer specs?

it was that big thing in my Sig! lol

ram = 4 gigs
HD = 2 (500 gigs)
Speed = 3.66

Clearley, my computer isnt the problem! ill try Zune

Umm you dont have a sig. that is why i asked. Are you using 32 Bit or 64 Bit?

Yeah, what sig?

Apparently, this is a pretty widespread problem on Windows, and it's because of the programming. iTunes will take a dual core processor up to around 55% usage just to scroll a list.

My advice, dump iTunes like I did.

EDIT: You know you won't be able to use all 4 gigs of that RAM with a 32 bit OS right?

I install itunes because I was trying to get more album art for my ipod because I got a new car radio that would display it. the new version (7) won't let you import playists. Itunes you know where you can go.

Yes iTunes is a bad port of the Apple software to Windows. Just like Safari is a poor port from OS X to Windows as well.

Personally i would suggest Anapod. As Metal says. You can not fully use the 4GB of RAM. It is a limitation of all 32 Bit OS's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom