future gaming set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i could get a cheaper power supply... however i like the modular design... i hate having all of the extra power cables dangling around.. which is the primary reason all of my old builds had solid cases with no plexi glass on the sides

The X Pro models are of quality. he can still get a better one for cheaper.

Cough PC power and cooling 610 silencer cough

Really should look at the power supply guide for more choices.

well that may be but i'd still like to stay away from ultra personally, i guess its just my personal vendetta against them. like you said he can get better for cheaper anyway.

yes i could get a cheaper power supply... however i like the modular design... i hate having all of the extra power cables dangling around.. which is the primary reason all of my old builds had solid cases with no plexi glass on the sides

yeah the corsair hx's series are modular as well.

yeah its all good, just throwing my advice out there. but i will take a closer look into that guide.

other than that i think his build looks fairly good.

3hdd? it doesn't really matter but if your putting more than one OS on a single drive i think you'll have to partition it, unless they're both microsoft os's, but you'll still want to do it. if you have 3 hdd's i'd put one OS on one and the other on another hdd though, thats how i did mine.

As far as I know you have to partition a drive to dual boot windows and windows.

thats what i thought too, but wasn't sure. anyway i wouldn't partition if you have the choice of 3 drives, otherwise if your asking if you need to buy 3 i would just stick to 2 drives...

i wouldn't buy from tigerdirect, there prices arn't great and there shipping is really exspensive. i do all my computer shopping at ncix. just make sure you click canada on the left side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom