First OC with an e6320 & P35-DS3R

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zune Guy

In Runtime
Just started overclocking my system this evening.:D I'm running the above CPU and Mobo along with 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 RAM and Stock Cooling. Am curently up to 2.842GHz (406MHz FSB) with 37 degrees idle and 55 degrees load. Have obtained these from Orthos running for 10 minutes. Am also currently running PCMark05 to check my scores. CPU stock fan is on 100% constant.

How am I doing, and other than the planned replacement of the cooler, should I be doing anything more (including tests). Finally, should I go higher?:confused:

Dude 10 minutes on orthos is not enough. Standard stress testing time is at least 8 hours. Preferably more.

incorrect from my experience

run orthos for 30 minutes to ensure you've got true load temperatures, but keep overclocking until you get unstable to the 30 minute mark

then you back track to the last working place and then run orthos for over night, if it crashes you back track again

running for 8 hours at a time is unrealistic and takes too long

^everyone has their own methods...but I agree, finding your max clock first and then working down from there saves a lot of time. I never understood people raising the FSB like 15mhz and then running 8hours orthos LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom