AMD 64 X2 4200+ OC'ing Worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
*BUMP*

Anyways, my new cooling system, the CoolIt Eliminator arrive last night and after having some computer issues, my PC is back online!

This thing is a beast, quite loud but the installation was incredibly simple... and its working fine, the resovoirs and the cpu block were cold to the touch on idle, although running at load, its quite a different story

I've gotten 2816 MHZ Stable! (256x11)

But I've reached a dilemma, what monitoring system to use for the CPU... I've been using mostly EasyTune5 (gigabyte proprietary software, must know the motherboard better) and with that I reach around 55 peak with this clock (just the main CPU temp not the cores)

In core temp, It only shows the seperate cores, and the temps are significantly higher, 65 on the first core and around 58-62 on the second core

Speedfan (heard it was terrible) says 55 peak main CPU as well (just like EasyTune5)

whats reliable? if the max operating temp of my CPU is 73 (amd site) does that mean the actual CPU? or one of the cores

yay for fx62.. lol 2.8 ghz stock! lol.. but anyway, thats a nice overclock you got going there.. i'm pretty sure you're almost at its limits, and i wouldnt dare want my cpu operating near 60 degrees celcius all the time.. that just dno't sound safe!

decided to get back into this project, I really want to hit 3 ghz...

same setup, but now its still winter and I'm getting only ~45 C on load at 2.8 ghz so I think I can try for 3 ghz succesfully...

I'll post updates as I go

EDIT:

I've got it running at 2906.34 MHZ (264.21 x 11.0)

with ~50 C temperatures, still well below the max temperature

however... sadly it seems that I can't acheive 3 GHZ, atleast with this mobo because the voltage settings only go to 1.55... I've hit the max voltage lol even though my temperatures are still fine

anyways... the clock seems somewhat stable, still running orthos and I'll do some game testing tonight with SINS, COD4 and some Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom